Golden Milk Superfood Paleta
It has been scorching hot outside. As someone who is frugal and cares for the environment, I try my best to use as little electricity as possible. That means my toddler and I are sweating all day rather than conditioning our air. :)
In my mind, there are benefits to this lifestyle. I will not go into details but ... sweating is healthy and we should be conditioned to handle different temperatures.
But, we still enjoy the modern convenience of a freezer! So, with a popsicle mold, a bit of creativity, and a freezer, these golden milk popsicles were born.
They contain superfoods and healthy vegan fats to support rest and recovery. With anti-inflammatory turmeric, this popsicle is a treat with benefits.
Follow us on IG for more superfood recipes and inspiration.
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup Tranqui-Latte Golden Milk
- Optional: Fresh, sliced strawberries
Pre-freeze popsicle molds for 24 hr prior to making mixture (this will reduce sticking)
1. Pour boiling water into a measuring cup with a pour-spout
2. Add golden milk powder and mix well
3. Add maple syrup
4. Add coconut cream and mix everything up
5. Place some chopped strawberries in a mold and pour mixture over
6. Continue for each pop
7. Allow to freeze for 24 hours
8. To prevent sticking, dip mold in room temperature water for 20 seconds and then pull out the pop!
Makes six popsicles
Turmeric root is a natural source of curcuminoids, antioxidants that may help support your body's inflammatory response. May help with repair, rest, and recovery. Turmeric is the star of any golden milk beverage. Curcumin is widely known to have remarkable anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammation is an immune response that can wreak havoc on all of the body’s systems. Curcumin helps reduce swelling in the body and increases overall health.